Saturday, January 29, 2011

Putuo Zongcheng Temple


China.January.2011- 679
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
During our trip, we visited Putuo Zongcheng Temple in Chengde, China. This temple is modeled after the Potala Palace in Tibet and is one-third of its size.

This was our last stop before lunch and heading back to Beijing. It had been pretty cold, and we'd done a fair bit of walking. As we were making our way through the temple complex, one of the members of the group did not feel well. She and a big part of the group turned back without making it to the main building. Most of the rest of the people walked around where we were, taking photos at a distance of the building, and then turning back.

One couple had already walked up towards the building, unaware that the rest of the group had turned back. This gave Tim and I the perfect reason to make the trek up to the main temple. It was a great view there, and I'm glad we did it. I even took a group shot of the four of us. I didn't have my tripod, so I used a table that I found there. This shot was taken by Andrew, the only other falang in the group.

No comments: