Friday, April 1, 2011

Book Sale Oops!

ISB is collecting books for its annual 5th Grade Used Book sale.  The proceeds go to helping poor children in Thailand receive an education.

A month or so ago, I went through my books and filled a few bags with those that I wanted to donate or otherwise get rid of.  Last week, I grabbed a bag of them to donate to the school.  The school has collection boxes in front of the Elementary School office, and as I was depositing the bag, I noticed that the top book in my bag was titled Sex.com.  

I didn't really want to pull the book out of the bag and carry it around with me for the next half hour, so I left it in there.  I'm sure that some one might think that it isn't an appropriate item for a 5th grade book sale, and my guess is that it won't be sold.  The book isn't about sex, but rather about the fight for the domain name sex.com.  Still, the first thing you see when you look at the title is Sex.com in large letters.  Oops!

No comments: