Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Craigslist, Warcraft & S$x, Oh My

Before I left the U.S., I learned about craigslist, the internet classified ads site. I ended up buying my Wii off of craigslist. That ended up being strange in that the person that I bought it from actually worked at the same company as I did. It turns out he was later fired, and the speculation was that he was let go because he spent all day selling things.

Today I was looking at craigslist and searched for warcraft to see how much people were selling their World of Warcraft accounts for. One of the first entries was a guying selling his account who closed his ad with:

Otherwise I'm just gonna have to delete everything so that I don't blow off sex for battlegrounds ever again.

For those of you not in the know, battlegrounds are one of the Wow areas where players compete directly against other players (pvp, aka player versus player). As funny as it sounds to non-Wow players, I'm confident that many, many Wow players have given up many sexual opportunities in order to play a bit more Wow.

Ironically a year or so ago I heard that China was considering ways to put some limits on online game play in order to discourage players from spending so much time playing. Maybe they have it wrong. Perhaps games like Warcraft provide a "natural" birth control method to help with population control.

No comments: