Monday, February 11, 2008

Who Is Reading This?

Okay, I have a confession to make, I'm kind of in the dark here. I was mentioning to a friend the other day that I really don't know who is reading the blog. I'd really like to know for a few reasons. First, it would be nice to know if my blog is actually being read, or is just a bunch of dusty ones and zeroes sititng on a server somewhere. Secondly, knowing who is reading might affect what topics I chose to write about.

One of the ways bloggers learn about their readership is through the comments. At the bottom of each blog entry is a hyperlink with a number and the word comments, i.e. 3 Comments. The comments section can really turn a blog into a discussion as opposed to a monologue. Since I restarted this back in October, there have been no comments.

I'm asking readers just to add a comment to this (or another) blog so that I know who is reading. It can be as simple as "I'm reading...Mom" or "Maybe we'll get lucky and you'll get thrown in jail so you can blog about something interesting...love, Cousin Freddie"

Adding comments are easy. Just click the comments link at the bottom of a post. This will take you to a form with a comments box. Just fill in your comments. You can use your google account (if you have one when posting), give a nickname (i.e., Mom, Dad, The Guy you owe money to), or post completely anonomously.

If you want to let me know you read my blog, but are too embarrassed to admit it to others, then I would appreciate if you drop me an email at edwardbrianvogel@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

12 comments:

Jenny said...

I check your blog almost every night!!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog...although I have to say I am disappointed in your presidential endorsements.

Anonymous said...

I try to check your blog a couple times a week. You know I try to check it in between manicures and colonics.

Brian V. (aka Spurlock) said...

Yeah, I remember those days of sitting on the beach and pounding down colonics by the fist full. ^.^ Or maybe that was something else....

Just "like one man's trash is another man's treasure", "one man's colonic is another man's tube up the butt". Or maybe not.

HeatherV said...

I enjoy hearing about how things are going on your side of the world. I check it a few times a week. Hell, I've learned more about the presidential election through your blog than what I've learned anywhere else. No CNN for me. As I told you before, I watch TV to be entertained, not educated. Besides, I just don't have the patience to listen to the candidates whine about one another and why they're a better candidate than their rival(s). I just want the facts. I know, it sad, but true. Thank you, though, for keeping this topic simple and straight forward in your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh I have been so confused. I thought it was one man's colonic tube was another man's drinking straw.

Brian V. (aka Spurlock) said...

Thanks Heather. I'll send you an email in November with who to vote for. ;) Seriously though, there is a lot of shit to wade through, and most of what I hear from the candidates is shit.

Speaking of shit, "e", remind me not to drink after you.

Unknown said...

What is a Blog?

Brian V. (aka Spurlock) said...

Well Alexander, some people thing that this form of medium to which I publish is a blog. And while that might be true, there is another blog of sorts. In one of the Dr. Suess books that I have read for my dear children, there appears a blog.

Good to know that some of my younger relatives are reading my blog. I may have to mark some entries explicit.

Unknown said...

...why Ez B I am touched that you would consider me family. After my wrestling video I didn't think you would ever claim me again.

Actually I beieve I am about 2 years older than you. I am not sure how that converts to Thai though?

Brian V. (aka Spurlock) said...

Ha ha. If figured you for the colonic guy (who posted under e), but I guess I didn't put Jeff together with Lex.

Unknown said...

Well played maestro! I do like the site. I try and read a little when I can. Don't have home internet so I squeeze in a little at work in between movies.

Hope the family is well, looks like the kids are enjoying themselves!