Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Little Mermaid

I was in the pool with Aleena yesterday afternoon. She was wearing the little floaties on her arm and was moving very fast and comfortably in the water. Aleena is now the age where Jacob and Nalin started to learn to swim, so I thought maybe we would give it a try.

I asked her if she would like to try to swim without her floaties, and she acquised. On her first try she demonstrated that she can already doggie paddle very well. I would start out seven or eight feet from her and have her swim to me. As she got closer, I would back up so that she could swim more. I think she probably swam thirty or so feet that way. She was able to swim the width of the pool by herself.

I heaped praise on her, and I think that Aleena was really proud of herself. Very recently she seems interested in becoming a big girl. Up until then, I think she has always been content to be the baby. Guess she is growing up.

No comments: