Monday, October 27, 2008

Moving Update

Well, between today and yesterday, we have moved most of the stuff into our new home. I really like this place a lot more than our old town house down the street. Its bigger and more open than the other. The kitchen is bigger, and its nice to have all the bedrooms on the same floor.

One thing I won't miss at the old house is the bedtime routine. The bedrooms were on three different floors. So I would walk up a flight (of 8) stairs to tuck Jacob in, then walk down two flights to tuck in the girls, after which I would walk back up a flight to my room, or down two more to the kitchen to get something to drink. Of course if I went to the kitchen, then I went back up three flights.

Tim has done an amazing job begging and borrowing furniture. First she raided her brother Top's old condominium. She managed to find four mattresses (a king and three queens), chairs, tables, dressers, armoires and more. She is getting some desks from one of her companies, and somehow the real estate agent (who used to live a few houses down from us) managed to find a three piece sofa set. We have to buy a few book cases, but not a whole lot else.

Once we get things a little more settled, I'll take some pictures.

No comments: