Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lot of Catching Up to Do

Last night I returned to Bangkok after attending four days of the Vegetarian Festival in Phuket. It was a pretty memorable and fun trip.

I took a lot of pictures while I was there; probably in the order of a thousand. It will take me some time to process them for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that with so many, it takes time just to review them all. Secondly, I shoot in the RAW. Okay before you say "ew, gross", RAW is a file format for pictures. Its main advantages are that unlike JPEG it does not compress the file (possibly losing some data), and allows for some processing (white balance is the big one) not available on JPEG files. The disadvantages are that the files are larger and you have to convert them to JPEG (or another format) to post on the web. This means that after I find the "gems" from my trip, I have to convert the files to JPEG. I also will edit the chosen shots to make them look better.

I'll also blog about some of my trip.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Freedom for the people of Thailand!