Tuesday, January 6, 2009

30 Day Extension

Ah, the joys of immigration. Today we completed the application for a one year extension of my visa. In thirty days, I will have an interview and find out the results.

This is pretty much the same process as last year. This year, of course, we brought the correct documents the first time. The sole exception was my pictures, which I had to have retaken at a nearby shop. I brought the same picture as I used last year, which they saw when they pulled my file.

Interestingly, there is a change for next year. Currently, and in the past, we needed to demonstrate a household income of at least 50,000 baht per month. The new rule will instead require proof of at least 400,000 baht in an account in my name for at least two months prior to the application. I imagine that this could cause problems for some couples.

Once again, Tim's contact made the entire process much less painful than is typical. I think we were only there about an hour and a half. Believe me, the normal process is a lot longer.

No comments: