Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Amusement Park

The children's Christmas break from school is rapidly coming to a conclusion. Yesterday I took them to one of their favorite places in Bangkok; an amusement park named Dream World. I've mentioned Dream World before. As far as amusement parks go, its hardly spectacular, but it is inexpensive and the kids enjoy it.

Tim had to work,so I drove the kids and nanny myself. Tim wrote out some basic directions, and I used my Garmin GPS system. Actually it was good that I had Tim's input, because the name of the sign sometimes didn't match the name on the navigation system.

The way back was a bit more challenging. The navigation system planned out a route using the expressway, which was fine with me. The problem is that in most places, the expressway here is raised and built over another road. So while I got on the expressway, the navigation system detected that I was on the road below. For the most part, this did not cause an issue. However, it didn't tell me to exit at the right time, so we ended up having to turn around and backtrack later on.

Here are a few pictures.



No comments: