Saturday, January 31, 2009

Google Behaving Strangely

Google is returning bizarre results tonight. When I run a search, virtually all the results come back with heading "This Site May Harm Your Computer." If you click on the link, you get a warning page. The only way to then continue to the desired site is to copy and paste the url into your browser.

If you think that I am trolling for material to satiate my prurient interests, I am not. If I type "google" into the Google search engine, the links to google.com provide the same warning. The only links that do not are the advertisements and the links to news. When I attempted to report the issue to google (after copying the link from the warning page and pasting it into the address line), I received an error.

1 comment:

Brian V. (aka Spurlock) said...

Its working correctly now. I really didn't want to use another search engine.