Thursday, January 15, 2009

No Dancing

Well, my dreams of long hours at dance recitals, enduring endless hours of other people's children performing in order to see mine for five minutes took a serious blow this week. Yesterday Nalin informed me that she didn't want to continue taking dance classes. She said they were too boring.

Today, Aleena decided not to continue taking ballet lessons. The deciding factor for her was that her friend McKayla was no longer going to take them.

Actually, I really don't mind that they quit dancing. Nalin has been on again off again, while I think Aleena was never quite into it. Aleena's ballet class was a bit too serious, with McKayla and Aleena sometimes entertaining themselves to the dismay of the teacher.

For the sake of completeness, Jacob does not dance, nor has he ever expressed any interest in taking lessons. If he ever wanted to take dance lessons, I would not stop him, but its not something that I would ever push him towards.

No comments: