Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fireworks Shot


Fireworks [18 of 365]
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
When I first looked at the fireworks photos I took from the King's birthday celebration back in December, I mostly remembered having fun taking the photos (except for Nalin's nut allergy reaction) and being disappointed in how the photos turned out. Going in, I knew the photos might not turn out well, as I was going to play around with using the bulb mode.

In bulb mode, you manually control how long the shutter is open my holding down the shutter release. I would press the shutter button when I saw the firework start to explode, and then kind of estimate how long I should keep it open. Fortunately, the viewer on the camera gave me good immediate feedback.

The problem with the photos as I saw them was the smoke. There was so much smoke in the photos. There was a colored smoky cloud in so many of the shots.

When I looked at the shots again, I took the Lightroom paint brush and darkened the fireworks area. After I did this, I was a lot happier with the shots.

No comments: