Sunday, February 14, 2010

Way Too Much Food


Foise Gras [25 of 365]
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
Today we celebrated the Chinese New Year and Valentine's day by having brunch at the Shangri-La's Next 2 lunch buffet with Tim's brother Top and his family. The buffet is pricey, but it does have a pretty nice selection of food and it has a entertainment for the kids.

I don't eat at a lot of buffets here in Thailand and lately I haven't really pigged out, but today was an exception. Foise gras, smoked salmon, lobster, shrimp, prime rib plus deserts are quite simply delicious. I was never a fan of "inner" meats, but foise gras is just amazing. Of course its kind of rich, but oh so good.

We got to the restaurant at about 11:45 and were there about three and a half hours. We weren't eating the whole time, but there is no pressure to hurry up and get out. The kids would run off to the play area for a while and then return for more food.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to get back into the workout mode again. Swimming is definitely on, but I'm not sure about running. I've really not had any desire to lift lately, but I know I should start that back up as well. Well, start for a week before I have surgery and am sidelined for a bit. I have to burn off some calories!

No comments: