Thursday, March 4, 2010

Aleena's Big Day


You Can't See Me
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
Today is a big day for Aleena. Tonight she is having her first sleep over at a friend's house. Of course it is with her best friend Makayla.

She is really excited, because the sleep over is only part of her day. After school she has her dance class, then she has her cousin Pinky's birthday party, and then to the sleep over. I think she is going to be pretty exhausted tomorrow.

A few days ago Aleena said something really cute. I am working to teach her to read. The way we do it now is that I read a book to her, and then she reads a page from her reading workbook. She was getting a book for me to read, and chose Smelly Socks by Robert Munsch. "Daddy," she said, "Robert Munsch is my favorite author."

I just smiled. I thought it was nice that my five year old has a favorite author.

No comments: