Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wat Phra Kaew and Grand Palace


Royal Symbol [55 of 365]
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
Visited Thailand's famous Wat Phra Kaew and Grand Palace today. I've been there a few times to take photos. I like to use it as bit of a gauge as to how I have developed in my photography.

I decided against taking all the same shots that I have in the past. I wanted to do something a little different. Some of the shots are similar to ones I've taken before, but I also wanted to try some new angles.

One thing that caught my eye this time were the beautiful pots that housed some of the plants. The artwork on these were very beautiful. I think it is the symbol of the royal family.

You can see the white elephant in the design. The white elephant was at one time on the Thai flag and is considered very auspicious. My understanding is that part of the reason it was changed was because Europeans thought that it was a white rat. Not sure if that's true, but that was what I was told.

No comments: