Saturday, March 6, 2010

Caves of Kanchanaburi

During our December trip to Kanchanaburi, we visited some caves. I decided that I would take my camera and tripod and try to get some photos.

Well, taking photos in a cave is anything but easy. Not surprisingly, its hard to see in them. The darkness and the twists, turns and rocks makes lugging a tripod less than a joy.

In addition to making walking without tripping more difficult, the darkness also makes taking the photos themselves more challenging. Fortunately, I brought my off camera flash with me. I tried to take some photos without it, but I couldn't autofocus without the flash. It was too dark to manually get a good focus.

Despite falling a few times and banging my knees, I did get a few shots that turned out okay. I like this one for a few reasons. In addition to the cool rocks and the family, this shot also has bats in it. They are the black shapes on the rock in the upper left.

No comments: