Saturday, February 18, 2012

Jacob On the Mound

Today Jacob had his first chance to pitch his first inning in a baseball game. He struck out one, walked a few more than that, gave up some runs, and overall did a pretty decent job. Like a lot of the boys new to pitching, he still has to work on his control. The good thing is that even with most of his walks, he was getting two strikes on the batter as well.

What really surprised me was one of the first plays when there was a ground ball towards first.  It went foul, but Jacob ran over to help cover the base.  That's one of those things that I would not have been surprised if he forgot about during his first pitching outing.

I almost didn't go to the game today.  In the morning I was taking photos of the Girl Scout's Thinking Day, the Jungle Book Cast party and a few other games.  I went home for a late lunch and thought about staying home.  Instead I went to the game, and I'm glad that I did.
      AP9Z8545

AP9Z8613

No comments: