Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BBQ Denied

I had lunch with the mom of one of Nalin's classmates today. I know her from the cub scouts and from when I pick up Nalin after school.

There is a new restaurant named the BBQ Sandwich King close by which serves American BBQ. I was really looking forward to it. We arrived at 11:00, entered the restaurant and were greeted by the wonderful smell of smoked meat. Unfortunately, we were then greeted by the owner who informed us that they were not open until noon.

As we didn't really want to wait an hour to start lunch, we went to a close by Thai place. I ended up getting some fried wings and sticky rice. It was pretty solid.

I don't understand how a place doesn't open until noon. The owner did say that he plans on opening up at 10:30 starting next fall, and the menu says they deliver. Perhaps there is still hope for it.

No comments: