Sunday, August 1, 2010

Internet Issues & Kids Entertainment

Starting a little while before we left for the U.S., I started getting frequently disconnected form the Internet at my house.  The frequency kept increasing to the point where yesterday it was disconnecting every five or so minutes.  Not very conducive for browsing, watching my slingbox, or anything else Internet related.

Tim had someone come from True (the dsl provider) to come and take a look.  Before they got here, I decided to change to my old router.  After I did that, everything seemed to work.  A few hours later the True guy showed up and said the line in the house was broken so we called the landlord to try to get it fixed.  In the meantime, however, it seems to be working just fine.  Hopefully it will continue.

I finished setting up the DVD, x-box 360 and Wii in the living room.  We actually have two TVs there.  The old large screen (similar to the one in our family room in Cincinnati) had broken, and while it was being repaired, Tim got an HD set.  When the old one was fixed, there was really no place for it, so it ended up next to the new one.  I ended up setting it up so that the kids can play x-box or watch a DVD on either TV.  That way if someone is already playing or watching TV on the new TV, the others can still watch on the old one.  They can only play the Wii on the old TV, but truthfully, I don't think it will get that much use. 

No comments: