Sunday, August 1, 2010

Slingbox

Now that the Internet is not constantly disconnecting, the Slingbox seems to work pretty well.  For those not in the know, the Slingbox is hooked up to a cable box in my home in Cincinnati.  The Slingbox then streams that content to my PC over the Internet.

The good part is that it works.  The downside is that my connection speed means that the quality is not the greatest, certainly not HD quality.  Still, its pretty nice.  The box in Cincinnati is a DVR, so I can record things and watch them later.

There is some software that is supposed to allow you to save the the recordings as wmv files.  I may give it a try, so they I could possibly burn some DVDs for the kids.  Of course, that means subjecting everyone in the house to hours of iCarly. 

No comments: