Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wall of Photos

Over the course of the last few years, particularly the last two, I've taken a lot of photos.  Some are good, some are really bad, and most are just plain okay.  One thing that almost all of them have had in common is that they are only in electronic format.

Until very recently, I've printed and hung very few photos.  I've printed some photos for Tim's office, and there were a few photos around the house, but not many.   It wasn't as if I didn't want anyone to see them, I actually intended to print them out, I just never got around to it.  My Lexmark printer didn't print the colors correctly, and the printer at Tim's work, while quite good, took more effort (although truthfully, not that much).

Finally, with the purchase of my new printer and a little motivation, I decided to do something about the lack of photos in the house.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on frames, so I decided to use the glass block wall in our living room.  The blocks acted like frames for the one hundred and ten 5x7's that I hung, as well as for the sixteen A4 size prints.

I organized this one by theme and orientation (portrait versus landscape).  Here is what it looks like.

My Wall

I'll probably mix it up as time goes on, changing photos out and reorganizing.  So far, though, I've very happy with how it turned out.

No comments: