Friday, August 13, 2010

Oh My God

Today Tim had tickets to a live show based on the Thai TV show which name translates as "Oh My God".  The show is a variety show which features some Thai culture and comedy.  There are three hosts, two Thais and one falang.  The falang, Todd, speaks Thai very well. 

This was one of those shows that I was kind of luke warm on.  I mainly went so that I could go with Tim.  I assumed (correctly) that it would all be in Thai, and I would understand very little.

We left home very early, and arrived at the location almost an hour before the show was to start.  Well, we thought the Thai Cultural Center was the right location, but the parking lot was closed.  Tim called Ticket Major (Ticketmaster equivalent) and learned the show was actually across town at the King's Power theater.  After calling Top for directions, Tim ended up hiring a motor cycle taxi to follow there. 

We arrived at the will call window five minutes before the show started (at 2:00 p.m.)  The customer service rep told Tim that a buffet was included in the price, and that we could have come from 12:00 to 2:00 to eat.  So even though the show was about to start Tim, wanted to grab some food really quickly.  We ended up sitting down about five minutes after the show started.

The show was okay.  The dialog between the hosts was pretty boring to me, as I didn't understand most of what they were saying.  The acts included some singers, dancing, and a musical Thai comedy skit.  About an hour and forty minutes in the show, they broke for a fifteen minute intermission.  Tim had told me that the show was only two hours long.  She had a meeting at 5:00 at her office, so we ended up leaving.  Apparently the show went on until about 6:00 p.m.

 

No comments: